Wednesday, January 6, 2010

3 King's Day



Can I just say that having the holidays this year is making me super excited about having kids soon?? This would have been WAY more fun with some little ankle biters around. Because you see, I am secretly a 10 year old trapped in a 24 yr old body- I love being silly and eating candy, and making these dumb crowns so we can pretend to be kings on 3 king's day!!
I think Braden secretly likes that stuff too- but he just has to act "too cool for school"

Happy 3 Kings Day! Does anyone else celebrate this? I guess it's a Puerto Rican or Spanish holiday- it's in celebration of the 3 wise men finding the baby Jesus and presenting him with gifts. Since I guess they didn't actually find him until 12 days after his birth. So we put on crowns, read the Christmas story, exchanged gifts, ate tres leches, and . . . watched Biggest Loser.
Not really Spanish tradition but that's okay. :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm a complete kid too...It's nice to have little kiddos to blame my childish behavior on!

    Love the glitter, and I want some of that cake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds like a totally fun holiday. I may just have to start celebrating it too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you two in those hats. I read this with RaVoe and we both had never heard of it and think this is totally adorable.


    oh, and Christmas present in March? can't wait!
    -thats funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey love!!! I love the hats! your gonna be the funnest mom!! Its so fun to do stuff like that with them and to watch their eyes light up!! Oh how I indulge!! anyway you look like your enjoying life! I was suppose to go on a cruise. yes. but it seems they dont allow large bellies on the ship. they can only be 24 weeks large not the 28 which I was at the time. so me and my poor hubby got to stay home and enjoy the snowfall instead! great right. but we get to reschedule for next year. when I am not large and in charge! So I want some of your flowers!! For me and my little girl! could you send me some?!?! here is my email k. candwill77@yahoo.com. do you have sizes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connor was sitting next to me and really thinks we should celebrate 3 Kings next year. And you guys are so fun and good with kids you will be the best parents one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sooo wish I would have know about this! I would have definitely done it with my kids. Oh well, there's always next year, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stumbled across your blog from someone else's link about your cute flower headbands. Do you sell those anywhere? I'm totally interested in buying 1 or 2! Email me at adedrie@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! we were kinda lame and didn't know how to celebrate it this year. Crowns are now on the list for this holiday! thanks for the idea! You guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!