Sunday, June 14, 2009

13.1

I win for shortest shorts! yikes.





(me, half marathon. mckay, 10k)
Whew. I made it! I was so nervous! The week before I was having a hard time running because my legs just had had it, sore sore sore. I didn't know how I was going to run 13 miles on bum legs. Luckily I took some performance enhancement drugs (aka: ibuprofen) and the pain was gone in time for the race! I highly recommend this, it was a great experience.The lake the beautiful, the weather was a little gloomy but nice and cool, and there's nothing like crossing the finish line with everyone cheering for you!
Next time I do it, I need a running pal because it was a little lonely toward the end, and my i-pod went dead! I was doing pretty well until the last two miles- longest two miles of my life. When I was done I took off my shoes and had two Ginormous blood blisters on my feet and sharp pains in both my legs. It was kind of stupid because before this race, the longest run I did was 6.5 miles. Oops. But I learned, you're stronger than you think. I finished in about 2 and half hours- which isn't great but I made it! Hopefully the next one I will be able to train more and make better time. This was my first race ever so I'm just glad I went through with it and didn't give up. Anyone who is up for a half this summer let me know! The top of utah is the end of August and I hear is really fun.
Bear Lake half marathon: June 13th, 2009

7 comments:

  1. Way to go savannah!! I knew you would rock that thing! so what are the details...what was your time and stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it!!! congrats! How does it feel to say you did a half marathon!? whoo whoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl I am so proud of you!!! i'll start training so that I can run with you next time. I'm so jealous, but totally proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ipod went dead? did you tell me that yesterday? that was my number one fear! oh man that has to be the worst thing ever!!
    I'm so proud of you. . . hey, i MIGHT be up for the top of utah half, we'll talk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go sav!!!! Woot!!! If I get in better shape I will for sure be your running buddy!!
    I'm proud of you babe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you! Way to go on running that far! It's about 12.5 miles further than I can run! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats so cool you and mckay are still close! I am jelous! How was the race? there is no way I could do any more than a 5K! I like running and all but...No thanks! I miss ya! Love your blog your so stinkin creative and awesome! I dont know if youfeel like this but I always feel like my photos fall short, like I have seen better. Like they suck pretty much. I love yours though!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!