Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cancun has stolen my heart . . .

here's why:
( in a semi-large-nutsell-that-includes-an-unnatural-amount- of -gorgeous-pictures -that- may- depress -you)










I refuse to carry on with real life right now. I will spend the rest of the night pretending I am still under your gorgeous sun, basking in your turquoise waves, and feeling very sorry for everyone else who has to settle with 20 degree temperatures in February. I wish I could take every bit of it home. Catch your warm air in a big glass jar and open it right here in my room. I can smell the salt and sand. You have stolen my heart and you can keep it.

It was really wonderful. I am really not that glad to be home. I miss the beach. I was just getting the hang of boogy boarding and I swear I was almost fluent in Spanish, I just needed a little more time. Maybe just a few months, or years. I just feel like that was how the whole world should be . . . I have no need for snow, or cold, or dry air, not even mountains. Just the beach, with everyone I love, and my own little Mexican cocinar to make us Mexican tacos every day.
Man those were good.

8 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your little vacation. I could really use some sunshine and heat these days!

    Beautiful pictures, and yes...it does depress me a little, ok a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. someday i hope and aspire to vacation again... you lucky duck! I am so glad that you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. Those pictures are completely gorgeous. I think everyone needs to escape Utah each winter. Glad you got to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are right, those pics did depress me. Thanks alot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your pictures!! especially the Hammock one. welcome back to snowy, cold utah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL- These pictures depress me too!!
    I am crying inside looking at these. It will be way too long before we get to go again. If I had a million dollars I would take us all on a big trip to the Caribbean. So, you should all wish for me to make a million dollars, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are awesome pictures! You and Braden are so tan now and I'm way jealous. Just another month or so and maybe we'll see some sunshine in Logan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!