Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Round is a shape . . .

After going on vacation and being in a swimsuit and realizing the summer is fast approaching and dreading putting on a swimsuit again, this time in my home town and probably running into people I actually know ( on vacation you don't have to worry, no one knows you and no one cares!) and wondering what it would be like to not be self conscious for once and maybe even look half decent in a swimsuit . . . pipe dreams I know. But after thinking about all this I realized that I need to go to the gym and work out for several hours. So, I went to the gym, and I thought I'll start out with two hours, two hours worth of aerobic classes. How hard can that be? I'm sure the Aggiettes dance and practice well over two hours most days. ( I'm not comparing myself to them, but y'know I thought 2 was reasonable.) No, it's not reasonable. Nor is it possible. I went and by the time I had been there for only 1 hr- my body literally gave out. It was so embarassing, when I got into the 3rd areobics class, I was already sweating profusely. After about 10 minutes, I literally could not move, she was looking at me like: Are you serious? You've done like 2 squats. What was I thinking? It was obviously brought on my a severe case of Denial. I am out of shape. It's sad. I'm 24. I should be in great shape. I have hardly any obligations. I can't NOT work out for 2 weeks and then try to make up for lost time by killing myself at the gym for 2 hrs. I just need to find a more doable way to lose weight, like inventing a pill that dissolves all my fat, and it only works if I take it with 3 bowls of ice cream. Something like that.

7 comments:

  1. You have never been (and I am sure you could never be) round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean! how about if you train for the top of utah with me?? :) oh and by the way...i was just talking to someone last week about how TINY you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savannah,
    I just went to the gym today myself and left UTTERLY discouraged. I did cardio for 40 minutes...and then some weights for calves and thighs. I tried a fit test on one of the bikes and my first result was below average, so i tried again...i felt much better on the second try until my results said poor. ah! I called my mom on the way home and complained...i am 25 going on 85 i swear! dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O my goodness gracious Sav...you are the tiny- est person I know!!!! BTW- your next trip should be to St. G...just saying is all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, y'all are so full of it. i love you though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, you are not fat, but it is completely ridiculous to train 2 hours a day unless you are an athlete, it would just tear your body apart and be too hard on your body. Don't expect that out of yourself.

    anyways, I hope everything is good, I was thinking about you the other day:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so funny! I echo M. that you are tiny and don't have anything to worry about. Maybe stick with one class a day for now...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!