Monday, April 12, 2010

Needed a new post . . .




( our children will have giant foreheads. )

We had a nice weekend. The new craze in the Merrill family is "Speed Scrabble". It's Scrabble, on Speed! Each person starts with 7 squares, they try to find one word or multiple words until all the squares are used up. Whoever runs out of squares first says: Go! and then everyone grabs one new letter from the middle. The game is over when there are no more letters in the middle, and someone has finished using all of their letters. You win by counting up your points at the end, the way you do in Scrabble. It's more fun with a group, but me and Braden still play by ourselves :) I love games that remind me how illiterate I am. ( Is that even how you spell illiterate??) It's really fun though!
We played speed scrabble, rode bikes, it was warm (kind of), played tennis ( my wrist hurts ), and ate ice cream (2 scoops for 85 cents at Caspers), I ran 5 miles (whoopee! remember when I used to run? that was silly), roasted starbursts and mallows ( my fav ), visited friends, went to church ( I love being in the RS presidency . . . what I blessing to have the chance to meet and get to know such darling, beautiful sisters. I finally feel like I have friends in the ward. It's wonderful), fasted for one whole meal ( we're dedicated ), hung with family ( I love Grandma Ann). See- I have a good life! I have to remind myself sometimes :) But I do. Alot to be grateful for. Like 4 more days until next weekend.


8 comments:

  1. YOUR LIFE IS AWESOME!!!! Thanks for running with me...you saved me from boredom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello friend! You do have a pretty awesome life. I need to go get me some icecream from Caspers...I love me some icecream. When are we goign to be friends again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a really nice post.

    If you're interested, there's online Speed Scrabble

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that game!! Douglas' family is really into it too!! Love your pictures and so glad you're doing good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now only a few hours till the weekend! We should get together and play games sometime, Reggie and I love to do that after the kids are in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you Savannah! Thanks for all the great laughs:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!