Thursday, October 14, 2010

See you in Heaven



(the "group", Marci's groupies from the hood- love these girls. will you all still talk to me even though the glue that held us all together is gone?? )

That is what Marci said to me the day she left: Well, I guess we'll see each other in heaven, right? Yea, that's cheerful. Thanks Marci! On that happy note . . . good bye forever apparently. Little does she know what an impatient person I am, and I refuse to wait that long! I am already planning a trip to see you next year- heaven my bum! I'm kind of sad and glad that this picture turned out blurry ( manual focus be darned ) glad because you can't tell how puffy and red my eyes are from crying the night before, a little at work, and still a little more while we said our last good byes. I never thought I would have great friends again after I got married, everyone seemed so busy. Marci was in my life for a reason, to run with me, to wave at me when I drove past her house every day after work, so I could enjoy her darling kids, to help me meet some wonderful people, to talk late into the night with me and watch scandalous reality tv, to help me feel better about myself, and on and on.



Marci- you have been such an example to me of friendship. What a blessing you have been to so many of us! Thank you thank you! We miss you already. . . see you soon :)

5 comments:

  1. Awww ... I think I'll have to steal that picture. Thank you! Well said! Marci is amazing at friendship. That's her talent. I hope I'll forever be a better friend because of her. We should make a trip to SC together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and sorry I can't focus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in on the SC trip...we should all go next year with no children..how fun would that be??
    ORRRR, we should plan a vacation WITH the Allens???

    That was a sweet post and I'm going to have to steal that picture too. She is such a good friend and I want to be like her.
    Miss her...love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! I love the picture. Thanks for making in Black and white so you can 't see my red eyes.
    Thanks for saying all the nice things about me. I feel like i died and it's my funeral. love it. :)
    I loved your text last night. it put a smile on my face through my teary eyes. As we were leaving kinley said "Mom, It's okay if your sad. i'm sad to leave my friends also but we'll make new ones" hahaha
    So I am excited about this vacation we have planned...i can hardly wait. I am also up for Nikki's idea of meeting for a vacation. LIke a cruise (It'll be way better then her last).
    I love this post and expect something in the mail next week and a phone call of course.
    loveya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great, that sweet post made me be a cry baby again! It's just not the same looking at your empty house Marci and the boys miss your girls already. I know they would have been outside playing together today. We will miss you a lot. Thank you for the gift of friendship you gave us all. And we do have each other ladies! I am in for a South Carolina trip for sure! Love you all, Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!