Sunday, June 19, 2011

RAGNAR 2011-owned it!

This weekend was spent running, driving, sleeping?, repeating at this years RAGNAR relay race from Logan to Park City. Our team was awesome! Minus me :) They all waaay underestimated how fast they could go. Shay was our first runner of the day and he didn't get any cheering or van support or nothin' because it was so freaking fast!! I think they figured out he ran that thing a little over a 6 minute/mile pace-insane! Our girls were awesome, they are pro-runners, even Braden did great! Sorry honey I just didn't know, you hardly trained ya little bugger! That's just how Braden rolls though. The weather was, yes, AWESOME! We were so worried about this crazy weather and it didn't rain one drop. Instead it was really hot and I have my heat-stricken, sun burned self to prove it. I was delirious last night from the heat and lack of sleep- couldn't find my make up bag and started to ball hysterically and then I was laughing because I couldn't believe I was doing this and then cry because I was starting to scare myself- it was weird. Braden's like- Go to bed NOW crazy wife! And it's weird because I'm pretty sure I have mild heat stroke but I'm abnormally cold, my thermostat in close to 80 and I'm shivering. . . aaaand I kinda want to do it all over again!!





Getting ready for our first leg! ( 9 out of 10 pictures I take with Braden he's chewing food. gotta love it.)


Braden running his first leg, a 5.1 ascension into Avon Pass. Lookin' good honey-with your red neck shirt and your farmer's tan-so good!


Hangin' out waiting for runner's from van 2, I should have taken more pictures of the scenery, we live in a gorgeous state, I had no idea, I really need to get out more. Brade and I- can you tell he has food in his mouth? We both ate a ton this trip. I know I was eating everyone's food, which is sad- I ran the least but probably ate the most. I'm actually eating right now, as I'm typing this.


Here's Team Shay Van #1 decked out in our night running attire- Pretty sure we had the most original name ever. And the most coveted. I think it actually fit pretty well considering Shay and Michelle organized this whole thing, which is A TON of work and money! You guys are awesome, thanks for getting us to do this!!


This is me running. I don't know why I let people take pictures of me running- it looks like I'm not even moving! This was my last leg! Hurray! I was so tired but ran in the beautiful countryside of somewhere and passed a few people like right here at the end:
When I decided to make myself look like a total loser and pass a blind lady.


And here is everyone booing me. I didn't know she was blind, I swear! Oh man.


Here's Braden getting read for a "kill"- a "kill" is what happens when you pass someone, people take it very seriously and will keep track of how many people they've killed on their vans. We didn't have enough room on our vans for all of team shay's kills, just kidding, but we seriously had thousands I'm sure. :)



Night running was fun-kind of- well it was but my body did not want to run, it wanted to sleep. Luckily none of us really had to run in the middle of the night like some teams, we were done by 1 am. This race was probably the longest 24 hours of my life. It felt like we were up for days.


Tonya waiting for Brade, on her last exchange! That feeling of being done was half the fun. It just feels good.



Braden running is last leg! It was a short one, we both had the shortest distance in our van, Braden a total of 13.1 and mine was 13.3. Not bad. I heard several people say runner 2 ( mine) is their favorite, I think I really lucked out. I didn't ever had to run that late at night or that early in the morning. So, if you're gonna do it be cool like me, be runner 2. :)





A



9 comments:

  1. Yeah! You guys totally rock. And I think you look cute running Savannah. Don't believe me all you want, but you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO awesome! I love your pictures! You all look so good. I wish Jason and I were as cool as you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA!!!! braden- go to sleep you crazy wife!!! that's so so hilarious!!!! k- im still confused about the race- what is it?? you'll have to explain it to me next time we talk:) Congrats though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah! I've been waiting for this post. Did you get my text? I am sooo glad that you had a blast and did AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am seriously jeolous of your fab bod and your hotness...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Sounds like it was awesome. I was thinking of you and other friends this weekend, and was just a little jealous that I wasn't out there running too. (But not too jealous, since my half is next week. And since it sounds like it was pretty hard. Man, you all are tough!) Way to go. And should I ever do this one in the future, I will surely take your advice and be runner 2.

    P.S. You weren't truly booed for passing a blind lady, right!? You are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that seriously sounds so fun!!! I was going to do it until I became with child..haha. All my cousins did it and were talking about all day yesterday at a little Father's Day get together we had.. I was pained with jealousy! Oh, I totally laughed out loud about you passing the blind lady.. people seriously booed?! What the heck! lol oh my heavens so funny! You are the bomb(dot)com. I really hope to do it next year, if this giant baby of mine ever decides she is ready to not live within me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I look like you when I run??? Seriously. You guys are awesome. That sounds like so much fun! You did stellar! Your team honestly was so fast! I'm glad you ended up doing it:) You rock a fab bod too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey savannah! found your blog through shay & michelle's...i LOVED this recap. i better hurry and do one on my blog before i forget everything. *kinda* glad you left out the part about the loser on your team who went around honking at horses.
    anyways. it was so fun to get to know you & braden better. what a great experience. welp. see ya.
    -brittney :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!