Monday, July 27, 2009

Cache Valley

I felt like we were hosts on that show diners, drive ins, and dives this weekend. Truly, we tried some questionable looking eating outs. This one . . .



Brigham City, an child hood favorite of Braden's, and it was so worth the 40 minute drive.
Double battered fries, charbroiled hamburgers the size of my head, and one smack-i-licious raspberry shake. The only thing missing was the roller skates.
I really loved the ambiance of this old place. It really takes you back to a different time. A simpler time.and it was yummy.

Here's another one, this one was a dive. On the outside, it is GHE-TTO. but if you're in Logan, and you love sushi, Happy Sushi is it. It's the closest thing we have to the posh Happy Sumo, and we don't mind. It's pretty dang fantastic . . .

The crunchy shrimp roll was amaZing. It was fried with sweet coconut and wrapped in, well you know, rice and stuff. Braden and I were totally fighting over the whole time- and he always shares!!

And the scenery in Cache never fails. So perfect. Gorgeous at every turn. We enjoyed this picture on our way through sardine canyon on Friday. The camera doesn't do it justice.







Oh, and I was there too. I have reduced to self portrait taking just to feel included :)
Hope you all had a Great 24th!! Yay Pioneers!

4 comments:

  1. I remember eating at Maddox once as a kid. After reading about your meal there, I think it is time for me to make another stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a car-hop at Maddox!!! I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man I could never work there- I would be fired so fast from stealing fries and licking the shake machine. We should all go next time you're up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. I miss Happy Sushi so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!