Thursday, September 10, 2009

Welcome to Havasupai


Navajo falls
Mooney Falls

Havasupai Falls

What a trip! I really wish I took better pictures . . . Havasu is soo much prettier than the pictures show, really breathtaking.

The hike in is 10 miles and I am a big sissy-pants when it comes to hiking. I died. I literally thought I would never be happy again. Braden promised me a new pair of jeans if I didn't cry on the way up, even then I couldn't do it. It was so miserable that I swore I would never come back unless I was air lifted into town.

But I'm so glad we did it. This place is as beautiful as it is unique. I mean, turquoise clear water in the middle of the desert? Are you kidding me?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making it through - tears and all! Ten miles is a long hike!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!