Sunday, October 4, 2009

Just trying to be crafty



So . . . being married I have fallen into being this home-maker wannabe and every once in awhile I actually try to do something worthy of the definition. Once I tried to make a moss ball, it turned out like a moss ball which is good, but then I forgot that I don't know how to decorate, so I have no idea what to do with it. I was given a sewing machine for my birthday that I take out and hold and daydream about home-made curtains, skirts, runners, pillow cases, all of which require sewing in a straight line. During conference I decided I should start small- very small. I found a tutorial online on a DIY Anthropologie flower clips. I do love Anthro and the tutorial was on: little shop of shavs or shavin' it up- or something. (If you really want it I can find the real one :) They're pretty cute? No need to point out they are clips from last year. They were fun and easy and I'm happy with how they turned out for the most part . . . so I blogged.

5 comments:

  1. I do want. I need the template for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - you're a true home maker in my book!!! VERY cute!!! :) PS. Our sewing machines should get together and have a "My master doesn't know how to use me" party... ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! Who cares about last year anyway.

    Isn't it fun to be crafty sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please show up on my door step with one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!