Saturday, October 3, 2009

Peach pie and Birthdayz

September was quite the month for US, Braden did the LOTOGA, we went to Havasupai, and September is the month of Birthdayz! First it's my dad, then Shay (braden's little bro), then Christian ( B.I.L.), then ME!, then Braden and Maylse . . . am I forgetting someone?
What a great month it was!


I Love having a wonderful boy to share all my birthday dinners with for the rest of my days.

Homemade birthday cake made by Chef Braden-it only took 6 boxes of cake mix, well worth it :)

Me and my cake and a few little children spitting out the candles.

This month is also a wonderful time to be born because my grandpa's peach trees are ripe for the pluckin'! Just look at that beautiful juicy goodness-sigh. If only I were James and could live in a giant peach with a grasshopper and a ladybug, I could live off that stuff. I bet its the closest thing we have to the Forbidden fruit. Delicious.


My mom made a gorgeous homemade peach pie in place of cake which I gave 5 stars, it was yumm. I would put that recipe up but I also love this one : (its a more Me-proof version of a peach pie, which is also a Merrill favorite and turns out great every year)


2 graham cracker pie crust, already made
1 C sugar
4 T cornstarch, dissolved in 1 1/2 C water
3 T Karo syrup
2? packets peach JELLO
however many sliced peaches fill up the pie crust :)

*Combine all ingredients besides the peaches and um, the crust-Boil on Med/High heat until thick. Pour mixture onto sliced peaches. Cover and refrigerate about 30 min. (if you can!). Top with whipped cream, grab a fork and float away to peachy Heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Happy bithday girl! You look amazing! That cake looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ick- I look awful in these pictures. Thank you though- you are too nice! and yes the cake was quite amaZing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!