Monday, November 1, 2010

You can't tell it was halloween

These are the pictures we took during Halloween weekend. It doesn't look like we celebrated it much. Halloween will probably be more fun with little anklebiters running around. But we did enjoy some family time and hamburger time at JCW's in American Fork. Yums.
Really enjoying my 50 mm lens. Takes such pretty pictures. Pretty blurry pictures. sigh.

Mom was really excited about it. We all relaxed at Muzzy and Munga's and helped them give candy to trick or treaters. Grandpa griped every time someone came to the door and told them to go away. We told him if he really didn't like it he wouldn't waste time buying tootsie rolls and dums dums every year. He's a softie, we know better. Grandma keeps talking to me about this cat she had when I was little, she asks me every time: Do you remember that cat? it would always play with your hair. and climb up the screen door. And then she chuckles to herself. It's a little heartbreaking. When she's tired, it's especially difficult for her to remember- she asked me, Now did your dad ever get re-married? I look at her shocked and say: Yes grandma, when I was 8 remember? and she laughs and says oh yea, I knew that! and shakes her head. How hard it must be to get old. I love my sweet grandma. It was so nice to spend time with them in their cozy home in Highland with the door open and the raining pitter pattering outside and the sound of children laughing and squealing TRICK OR TREAT! Grandma said, it sure would be nice to have another baby around. Wouldn't that be wonderful? I told Sierra to get on that. We ate pizza and root beer floats and just talked. Very low key Halloween. I had a feeling that was exactly were I should be that night.

Plus- I was too sore to do much else. I also ran that morning. The provo halloween half. It was horrible. The dowhill about killed me, our bus almost didn't make it, the first rest stop ran out of water, at the other rest stop they fed us some nasty liquid called Heed, which much stand for something like hearburn ew ew diarrhea, it was so gross, they lost my bag for a few hours, I am now crippled permanently- but I went with my cute friend from High school and we looked cute in our tutus and made the best of it. I guess the shirts they gave out were pretty cool. And the costumes were amazing, there was a forrest gump, a chicken, a lady carrying an inflatable boom box, some really unattractive spandex, and a guy running barefoot.
Hope everyone had a great Halloween!!




















10 comments:

  1. Ha Ha!! AnkleBiters!! Love it :) And way to go on the half marathon!! My cousin did and said it was a killer, but lots of fun! Hopefully I can get motivated enough to run that long and do it next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I forgot about the heed!!!!!! So sick! You are hilarious! good times good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun and eventful Saturday. Would have loved to see all the costumes and nasty spandex. jk Jealous that you have a 50mm lens. It's on my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And even when the little "ankelbiters" (that term cracked me up)are around, they go to be before any of the fun starts, and don't eat candy. So it still takes a couple years. We kind of like our down time at Halloween, but it will be fun to make it festive again in the years to come.

    You are a running machine. Way to go, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i should have checked my blog before i emailed you!!! But i still want to hear more about it.

    you look adorable!

    JOn likes that Heed stuff. nasty hu?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look really cute in your tutu. I love those moments when you feel like you are right where you should be, sounds like a great Halloween to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWWWWWWWWWWW it turned out so cute! I LOVE IT!! You are the most darling little witch ever:)

    You have cute grandparents and yes, I think it would be fun to have a baby around;)

    Can't wait to see you soon~

    ReplyDelete
  8. So and Meg ran it!? How fun - well, sounds like it was kind of fun! I love your tutu.

    When are we ever going to meet up at a race? Wait a second, are you still up in Logan? (Can't remember if I read that you moved or not. I may have you confused with another friend?) I am running the First Dam race this weekend. If you are indeed in that area and want to run a cold 5k, let's meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just noticed a typo in my comment above. (nerdy, I know) The first sentence should read, "So YOU and Meg..." Just had to clear my conscience!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great! Then I will probably see you this weekend? I agree that it IS an expensive hobby. (I always feel like someone should be paying ME to run. Ha.) The First Dam is especially expensive this year. I hate to pay more than $15-$18 for a 5k - tech shirt included! Oh well. This is a traditional one we do with my Grandma so we forked out the dough. I just hope it isn't the trend to charge so blasted much for 3 miles on a Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!