Sunday, February 20, 2011

Remember that time . . .

I feel like lately life has been full of those little moments that I can look back and say to someone- Hey remember when . . . ? Like those little inside jokes almost.

Like right now I could say hey remember that time . . .

we went to brian reagan and I had a bad cold and laughed so hard some snot came out of my nose?

you learned lady gaga's poker face song on the piano and tried to sing it to me? ( to the husband.)

when we tried to make our husbands candy grams upstairs in the Macy's grocery store and realized that valentine's day was like a week away and maybe we weren't in this big of a hurry?

the day Cash was born?

I forgot to wear a bra to work and didn't notice until 3 in the afternoon?

you got me sick so I had to stay home from church and you told the Bishop I was suffering from "pansy-itis" to get back at me, but then the Bishop really came over with soup and a get well card with a definition of pansy-itis he had googled? ( whew!)

we found a pretzel stick that we probably should have saved forever because it was shaped like a cork screw?

we did nothing two weekends in a row because of this plague of influenza?

we went to Cheesecake Factory the saturday before valentine's and had to wait in line for 2 hours?!

when you I made you a candy gram for valentine's day and you didn't do anything for me? Then I went for a drive to cool down and when I came home you had written me a letter and put together a slideshow that said- the first day of the begging of my life. Maybe if you had planned better you wouldn't have had so many grammatical errors. and yes I will make sure you remember that day for years to come.

Today I feel like my life is sad. But I know that it will pass. It will be better soon. I am looking forward to a little getaway to St George, even though this seems to be the year that everyone's going everwhere, like cruises and Hawaii, and we are going no where. Maybe I resent them just a little. Being sick for two weeks is really not helping. The newly fallen snow is like lemon on a papercut. Will I make it through this winter? I hope so but I'm not too confident at this point. This week will be very busy so I'm looking forward to that. It's hard to stay sad when you're busy! I really like my calling, but planning RS activities is stressful! I feel like people will come and want me to prove myself to them somehow. I need to have faith that I am doing what the Lord would have me do and it will all work out. My first one is this Thursday. I'm crossing my fingers. Also, I have no pictures. Well, I did take one of the preztel but that's not very cool. I wish I loved to take pictures of Braden and me but it just depresses me lately! I look swollen in every picture and pale and I think my teeth are getting crooked finally from never wearing my retainer. Doesn't that paint a pretty picture, you see my problem.

Here's to the little things and to tomorrow and knowing that February is half over and I have daylight savings to look forward to!

5 comments:

  1. dearest Savannah.. I got your message. I emailed you..but I am not sure if you got it. Let me know if you did.. if not I will be more than happy to help you out and resend it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're still doing posts. This one was very sweet. Maybe going private will be a good thing after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i could have shared all these memories with you especially the Brian Regan one with the snot! haha!
    I loved seeing you though it made me more sad to leave. :( miss ya (are you sick of me saying that?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu do write such sweet things. Sadly none of your memories include me..but I guess we'll just have to keep seeing each other to make more. Thanks for hanging out with us when we have nothing to do. I'm sorry this month or week has been a sad one. You are so good at your calling. You speak well, you are funny and VERY endearing. Everyone loves you. You are one of the most beautiful girls I know. I'm glad that we are friends. Be happy.
    Things will get better soon! If not, at least the weather will and you always have your friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diddo what Nikki said. You are amazing to me. Seriously. I love how your humor comes out at church, but that your spirituality comes shining through at the same time. Perfection, I'd say! I love being around you because you always make me laugh in a way that puts things into the proper perspective. Sometimes life can seem to be either A)dismal/boring or B)funny and when I'm around you it is funny. I appreciate that because I'm always on the look out for good humor. Without humor, there are times I would collapse into a supernova pile of stressball despondant grumpiness(whatever on earth that means). Also, I think that this post really would have benefitted from a picture of a pretzel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!