Saturday, March 26, 2011

This is allowed

 This is my blog and I can blog about whatever I want.
Even something that may have happened 5 months ago.
I really hope to turn this blog into a book someday, I don't scrapbook, I can scrapbook about 5 pages and then I'm tired for the next seven years. It wears me out for some reason. So, with that, I need to blog this because I failed to before.

These are just some snapshots of a really delightful! weekend last November. What amazing, warm, wonderful, fabulous, stellar, awesome weather we were having that weekend.

This is Fanny the horse. Doesn't she look like a Fanny? I think so.

I found these pictures going through an album and my heart was happy. I know these days will come back someday! I just know it!





 Warm evenings are what it's all about. Every time I feel that feeling of pure, simple, calm, fill you up, you can't help but smile, joy it's on days like this.



When the days are long. The sun is setting. The mosquitos are buzzing. You can always smell a campfire somewhere. There's a hush and a calm. It's almost like you know the everyone else feels it too. And it makes you want to whisper. And giggle. And I wish my heart wasn't so connected to the sun, and the heat, and the season of summmer.


I wish this cold and cloudy-ness didn't effect me so. I wish I could be so joyful and happy all the time no matter what came my way. Rain or shine, I am full of life!


Oh well.
 Thank you for pictures! This was us once! So I can be happy about that. I am happy. That smell is coming back. Do you know the smell? What is it exactly? That feeling and smell that comes with winter saying goodbye and spring returning. It must be something but I can never figure it out. It's that same kind of smell I can sense right before school started.

mmmm. braden's good at capturing these moments. We have a zillion sunset pictures. If you've ever seen the movie Bedazzled, I feel like the part when he's really sensitive and it's trying to tell this girl how he feels about her but the sunset keeps making him ball hysterically and he cries When is that damn thing going to set?! I love it. I feel like my heart will literally burst with how amazing this world is! Look at it! The colors! The mountains, the sky, the trees. How can we not feel God's love for us?
Sorry, this is my journal. Like, literally I don't journal anymore. I probably should but I never do. That's why this blog is kind of, y'know, too thoughtful maybe? Too boring? Too serious? All of thee above? You've been warned. :)

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful pictures! And you should blog about them even if it was 5 months ago! Its gets me even more excited for spring and summer. I using blurb.com to turn my blog into some books. I'm with you when it comes to scrapbooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! I am your friend who hasn't talk to you since that wonderful day you bought me that yummy pumpkin, chocochip bread back in february. Which was AMAZING by the way!!! DO you remember me? Sorry... I miss you and want to talk. Will you call me the first free evening you have???? such as tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am SO looking forward to the nice weather - especially the warm evenings.

    As for the story about my Grandma - it very certainly could have been her. She definitely ran that race. (I almost came up to run it but had a conflict.) Funny! Now, let's meet up at a race all three of us, huh? We love the This is the Race one out there in July. Maybe see you at that one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I know it has been forever but it is so good to read your blogs. They make me laugh every time. miss you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!