Tuesday, March 10, 2009

we love to play

we just needed to get away. it's winter, it's depressing, it's unavoidable, especially in utah. what a perfect weekand to enjoy the city. the sky was lovely, the sun was warm, my outfit was colorful. my husband was there. bliss.
our first spot was this little patesserie, les madeleines in slc. everyone knows this spot but me, because i am culturally and culinarilly deprived in cache valley. i loved it. the pistatio eclair was especially divine.

we're early morning and late afternoon eaters, i could eat delicious goodies all day if my metabolism would permit. what a gorgeous summery morning it was! looks will deceive however because it must have been 10 degrees outside. just the sight of the sun brings warm to my bones though.

we shopped around which i didn't feel the need to document, braden was so great to let me go where i pleased. i had my heart set and would not be disappointed on such a gorgeous day, he did enjoy his time in the mac store, braden draws the line at forever 21, this is where are paths always split.


jason's deli for lunch. whatever i had was splendid, and the free frozen yogurt swirl doesn't hurt either. i don't think i could have chosen a more blinding shirt. it's a bright one.
another place he seems to enjoy staying away from, anthropologie. i had a sit with him to take a picture and then couldn't contain myself any longer. i love the colors and fabrics and trinkets and knobs in this store. one day i will shop here for everything and be happy.


all day was to die for. sometimes you surprise me utah valley. i am happy to see you so ready for spring as i am.

we made it! a saturday reservation was available and we jumped on it. (and all thanks to my supermom of a mom) such a beauty of a building.
the inside is wonderful and surprisingly stylish. it was lovely to be there with my husband and sit in the sealing room together. so many feelings and memories. i am grateful beyond measure that we made the choice to be married in the Lord's House. i love my husband. i love my Savior, and i am so grateful to him. without repentance i would never be worthy enough to set foot in such a sacred place. what a wonderful blessing that we are sealed for eternity. i can't imagine being married for anything less.
come and see.

3 comments:

  1. You two are adorable. I heard it just snowed in Utah. Crazy! Which temple is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you guys had such a great time. Utah winters get long huh?! it's fun to see what cheers people up during the gloomy times though. You guys are such a cute couple!

    To answer a couple of your questions...
    no, I did not paint the tree on his wall. I can barely draw a stick figure. It is a piece of wall paper. look up wallies.com and you will fine other cool things like it.
    Also I have the Nikon D40. It's fun to learn, but I still feel like I have a very long way to go. I always get fuzzy pics and it drives me nuts! Oh well.

    Hope we can see you guys sometime soon.
    Take care!
    Jaci

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Anthropologie too. I was just down there for my sister Sara's wedding and the weather was better than usual, but coming from AZ I definitely forget that the rest of the US is in winter time. For me it is constant summer. I love the Draper temple too. I went to the open house, so pretty. talk to you soon
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!