Monday, July 26, 2010

It was a one time thing

Went to Delta for Pioneer weekend. It was definitely a one time thing for me. I was there for moral support. The nights were great, really pretty, we camped, ate tin foil dinners, played Bucci with cute Japanese people, ate a TON, got dirty. braden found alot of fossils they are everywhere in Delta, these weird prehistoric giant rolly polly bugs. I guess I'm not a camping, fossil hunting kind of girl.
Sorry hun! I'm glad you had fun at least!



She doesn't look too bad in this picture- she started to blend into the desert by the end, really stinking dirty. poor thing was so hot, the sun was starting to fry her brain. Her and George didn't get along- the heat didn't help and the fact that George in starvation because Lloyd forgot to bring his food so you would see the poor thing try to sneak Maya's and she was not having it - Look at those fangs. George, you are lucky to be alive right now.


Braden in front of the sign we missed. Don't worry we kept driving deep into the night until we had burned through almost our last tank of gas, turned around and almost missed it again. Good thing he had ol' hawk eyes with him :)



Aw cute. I look old school and mom-ish.


And then we found our first fossil:

His name is Lloyd and I'm pretty sure he was there before Pangea. That's his weiner dog, George. Lloyd is 93 and loved digging for trilobites and geods. He was the first one in the pit in the morning and the last one out. Who knew one could love something so dumb. ( is that mean? )
I understand loving trilobite fossils if they are making you thousands of dollars but to actually pay ( which we didn't ) to go to Delta on Pioneer weekend, hang out in the dust and the blazing sun and dig for ancient potato bugs- why? Bunch of crazies.






8 comments:

  1. I'm with you, girl. Not my ideal getaway, but so nice of you to do it for your man. And at least you look good, even if you're not having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is wrong with looking old school and mom-ish?! lol Sounds like an...interesting weekend for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that does sound pretty miserable! we missed you guys at bear lake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah Lloyd! my mom grew up in Delta... Home of the mighty Rabbits/trilobite fossils... best getaway ever!!!

    btw momish looks good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you always could make me laugh! Ah Lloyd...good thing he's too old to blog stalk or his feeling might get hurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been waiting for this post!!! hahaha! was it as awesome as you anticipated??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is mean. cruel. I love Lloyd. And his wiener dog. and his love for ancient potato bugs.

    Oh, and you. And your cute old school mom-ish-ness. and the fact that you took a picture of Lloyd and his dog. And I love this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That made me laugh! I think its cool Braden has unique interests. do you think he'll be doing it when he's 93? Thanks for visiting last week, I'm always glad when you come over, sorry I'm a stinker at times :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!