Sunday, August 29, 2010

Top of Utah Half Marathon








This picture- yikes. But I have to have proof I actually did it right? This year was a team effort! I had my husband, my darling friend Marci, and my sister right by me telling me to keep going. For some reason this one was especially tiring for me. I think it's because I psyched myself out the day before and was really doubting my ability to better my time- it's important to keep calm and "fake it 'til you make it" because worrying and being anxious wore me out and I didn't eat as much as I should have from my stomach being tied in knots! Luckily, my loved ones were there with love and support no matter what happened. I finished in 2:10 which was faster than my time last year by 6 minutes. Not much but it's something. I also learned how important it is to train and stay commited until the day of the race. Next time I hope to apply the things I learned and reach my goal of finishing in under 2 hours.


8 comments:

  1. Way to go Savannah! If only I could learn to like running...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those tiny thighs! Can I train with you next year so I can have tiny thighs like that? Is this getting awkward? ha! :) Seriously, though, if you are training next year, I would love to run with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I've seen you out training and think you did great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Great job on decreasing your time by 5 minutes. That's serious! And I'm sure you will reach your goal next year. I would love to meet up with you at a race someday. We always run the First Dam 5k/10k in Logan in the fall. Maybe we'll see you there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Savannah! I think you are amazing. Way to go!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Good job!!!! I really want to run that one someday!!!! Ok.. you are dang skinny! You have such tiny cute little legs! I am officially jealous! Also, I will be posting soon about my race just as you requested!! Better late than never right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you rocked it!!! seriously...
    thanks for not ripping my head off when i got annoying. ;)
    i have bad news! about this weekend! i'll call you later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are awesome Savannah!!! Way to go!!! It scares me to think on running longer than a 5k. I really want to, but running just isn't my thing!! I should just sign myself up for one and make myself do it!!!
    Again, You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!