Tuesday, May 17, 2011

There's a lake in our backyard!







Look at all that water! Our lake is attracting all manner of wild beasts. Okay they're just birds but I was still blown away at all the wildlife that was just down the street because of all the flooding. I literally just stood there and looked at birds eating who knows what for like 45 minutes. I'm easily entertained I guess! Got a nice farmer tan to prove it! I've always loved wildlife though, I got so excited about this and I wanted Braden to be just as pumped as I was-he never humors me! What a dud. I even saw tiny baby ducklings and baby goosen! or is it geesen? What a swell day. I don't need friends or a social life- I have my little bird friends to keep me entertained! Those pictures really don't do it justice, I promise it was really cool.

6 comments:

  1. Do you know why the digital camera was invented? So when you get a picture with hair that is in your face you can just delete it and take another one. . I can't even see your pretty face.

    Oh and PS I'll be in Logan this Thursday. . . Wanta do lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what?? why is there a lake? Flooding? I had no idea..that is awesome. Good thing no houses are built there yet. I like you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, I resent the fact that you think a bird could replace our friendship, but other than that, I love this post. :) Secondly, sorry, but that picture of you is hilarious! One more parting thought: we went out to admire the lake/birds too recently. We probably just missed each other. Why didn't we celebrate the moment together? I would have joined in your excitement about the baby ducks! I don't even think my children appreciated them as much as I did. Who are these people?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't yet been to see the new Utah Lake behind our homes...I will have to take a "gander" at them *wink wink*..pun completely intended. You know that a gander refers to male goose right?
    I'm kind of funny.
    I like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not just any bird Amy! Many many birds! A whole slew of different species of birds and their adorable baby offspring! Haha, no bird could replace you friend. Unless I found a very cute bird that could talk and make me laugh like you do, but we'll cross that bridge when it comes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need to come look at ducks and waterfowl with you :) That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!