Sunday, May 3, 2009

What I know

I was just reading some very disturbing comments made regarding a youtube video that addressed Tom Hanks referring to Mormons as un-american. These comments were just terrible, terrible language and just alot of hatred toward our church. It's scary to feel all that hatred. I feel I do live in happy valley where everyone is LDS and we just don't see alot of that controversy. There are a great many people that think we are racist, we are bigots, we are a cult, our church is a sham, and we believe in multiple Gods. Not many people read this blog but I wanted to express my belief in my religion, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We are Christians, we believe in God the Eternal Father, and in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost. They are seperate in being and one in purpose. We believe that the words of the Bible as far as it is translated correctly, are true, we also believe in the Book of Mormon, which is another testament of Jesus Christ. This is the true church on earth today. It is perfect because God is perfect and this is His church. But the members of it's church are not, we will never be while on the earth. Some of us are not the best examples of Christ-like love, charity, and understanding. We can be judgemental and fail to see the motes in our own eyes. Please forgive us. Do not let those that have hurt or offended you deprive you of the greatest blessings the Lord has to offer. Eternal life. You can not partake of such blessings if you do not forgive. If we were perfect and always said and did everything right, what need would there be for this church? Our church is here for the imperfect, for the humble, for the down-trodden, for the poor, the lonely, the afflicted. Anyone who has ever had a trial to bear or made a mistake that they feel there is no redemption from, our Gospel is for you. This is Christ's church and he loves each one of us. I know this because I have knelt and prayed and asked the Lord myself, if He loves me, if He knows me, and whether or not he can comfort me and help me to feel whole again. And I feel it so strongly that He does, the burning in my heart brings me to tears. He is there, and I know that the teachings of this church are true, lead by men called of God, inspired men, men of God. Listen to them if you have any doubts. There words are words of revelation and will touch your heart and mind and bring you peace in this troubling world. I know God lives, I know my Savior lived and died for me. No greater sacrifice can ever be given and no greater gift of Love can ever be shown. We are a church that knows this, this is what we teach, this is who we follow, and even though sometimes I fail to act upon it, I am still a Christian who loves my Savior Jesus Christ and am better for knowing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!